Tart and Tangy Broccoli Salad with Bacon Rosebuds Recipe
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large head broccoli (1.5 pounds, cut into florets)
- 6 oz. bacon
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a medium sized pot of water to boiling. Add broccoli to water and cook 3 minutes until tender, but still crisp.
- Meanwhile, make Bacon Rose Buds or just cook strips of bacon in microwave and then cut in to small pieces.
- In a large bowl add cooled broccoli, red onion, cranberries and bacon. Toss with sour cream mixture to combine. Serve or refrigerate until serving.
Substitutions: light mayo can be used instead of sour cream, and raisins or golden raisins can be used instead of dried cranberries.
Recipe by Lia Hollander
for the 1st Annual Masterbacon held in Portland, OR on 1/17/2009.
Photo courtesy of Hockley Photography